Wednesday, October 29, 2014

This week I have not been able to work much on my 20% Time due to projects in my economics class as well as a blog assignment for Literature. Despite this, I have noticed that I am right on track for my project. I have finished the written final draft of my song. Additionally, I was able to make it longer than five minutes in all. The song as a whole flows and sounds good, but I might have to add a few minor edits in the final weeks of this project. Overall, I did not make changes to my song this week. Although I am done with the written final draft, I have not decided what I should use to record the song. I could use Finale, but it would take a a lot of work and time. On typical weeks, I only get to go to the music tech lab 2 times a week, and I need more time this. I need to research the best way to record my song. Also, I need to show my band directors my song and play it for them. I could learn important details from them that I could use to make my song sound better. If they tell me my song needs major edits, I will create a second written final draft. I have accomplished a lot so far, but I still need to figure out how I am going to present my concerto.

3 comments:

  1. It's awesome that you're staying on pace with this project. I've always thought this was really cool. Are you going to have people perform for us for your presentation? Or maybe you could play a recording of it? Composition is so impressive and you seem to have been very thorough about it and not slapdash at all. See, and in the beginning of the semester, you seemed so unenthused.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Raymond the font on your blog is so annoying and hard to read but besides that your project sounds amazing! I remember you showing me your sheet of music and it was inspirational. I wish I could play an instrument, let alone write music. I hope one day you will be as good as, if not better than, Beethoven and the other greats.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looking through the blog history, I have not seen any sheet music or recordings. As your fellow musician in the band, I would love to see or hear your work. Furthermore, there are plenty of talented musicians in this school. Instead of relying purely on mentors, I believe it is a good idea to share what you have made with your fellow band members.

    ReplyDelete