Thursday, October 9, 2014

 Ever since I first started writing my concerto, I have made a lot of progress. I have finished a draft of all my music. In particular, I finished a rough draft of my 4th movement this week. This movement is nothing like the other movements that I have created. It starts off slow and legato, and it builds in speed and excitement. The middle of the song has a flowing melody. At the end of the song, the main melody that was introduced in the 1st movement is heard once again. The end builds in sound, and it ends on 16th note runs. Despite everything that I have accomplished, I still have a lot of work to do. Some of the movements are not long enough, and sometimes the melody does not flow as well as I would like. To fix this, I plan on concentrating on editing and revising next week. I want to add more dynamics and focus more on musical flow as well. Additionally, the song in its entirety is too short. Although it sounds good, it only takes about 3 or 4 minutes to get through the entire song. Once next week is over, I plan on having a song that flows and sounds better.

No comments:

Post a Comment