Thursday, September 4, 2014
This week I feel pretty good about my music. I have basically finished brushing up on music theory, and now I am beginning to write my music. This week I discovered that writing a melody is much harder than I thought it would be. I have only been able to write about 20 quality measures. Despite this, I have been able to figure out how the song will be set up. My 1st movement will be a andante piece(walking speed). The next will be something fast that has a lot of 8th and 16th notes. I have not decided the style of the last movement. Next week I will continue writing more music. I will find some time to talk to my band director so that I can edit my music and get some suggestions that will make the music easier to write. I will ask my band director where I should put accent marks, crescendos, and decrescendos in my music, as well as how it should be set up. By the end of next week, I am hoping that a large amount of the rough draft of my 1st movement is done.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment