Wednesday, August 27, 2014
I am creating a symphony for band in 3 movements. I chose to do this because I love playing and listening to classical music. Despite this, I have never gotten the chance to write a song before. I feel pretty good about my 20% Time so far. It will definitely be a challenge to create a song from scratch, but I know I can handle it. I have accomplished only a few things so far. First, I have found some sources that teach basic music theory. I have listened to music, such as ballads and popular classical symphonies that have noticeable clarinet parts. Next week, I plan on learning more music theory. I will buy sheet music and try to start writing a melody. I will get suggestions from my mentor, who will either be my band director or my mentor at the New School of Music.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment