Thursday, September 11, 2014

As of now, I am feeling very good about my song so far. This week I worked on my 1st movement quite a lot. As a result, I was able to finish a rough draft of my 1st movement, which is a  andante piece(walking speed). Additionally, I was able to start using the music tech lab which I will use to write the final draft of my music. I was able to do some edits on my music and put my music on the program in the music tech lab.  After I did this, I discovered that writing my next movement will be much tougher. As I said in my last blog, my 2nd movement will be a allegro piece(quick paced). This means that I will be writing a lot more 8th and 16th notes in this piece than in my 1st movement. This will be harder to do because I have to keep the melody that I developed in my 1st movement. Despite this, I am up to the challenge. Next week, I plan on drafting my 2nd movement. I will try to finish any edits on my second movement, and I will ask my band director whether I should make any changes to my 1st movement. At the end of next week, I plan on having at least a draft of the 1st and 2nd movement done.

No comments:

Post a Comment