Wednesday, November 12, 2014

This week I feel alright about my project. I was going to play my song for my mentor, but unfortunately my clarinet is getting repaired this week. However, I plan on playing it in the future for my mentor so that I can get his opinion. Likewise, I have thought of an idea of how to present my project. First, I will talk about the complicated process of writing my song, and how long it took just to make something that sounds reasonably good to an audience. I will talk about how important it is to know music theory. I would like to show pictures of my drafting and I will probably show some of the sources that I used that helped me get started on my song.  I will tell my classmates that listening to other popular clarinet concertos gave me an idea of what I could write for my song. Additionally, I still need to figure out how I could record the song. I need to find something high quality that sounds like a live performance. Otherwise, I might play an portion of my piece so that my classmates get an idea of what it sounds like. Either option would work well. Next week, I need to find some time to play my song for my mentor and possibly record it.

No comments:

Post a Comment